iland Secure DRaaS with Veeam provides the security, replication, and failover capabilities you need to ensure your business is always online and available. Through deep integration with your on-premises Veeam environment via Veeam Cloud Connect, and other iland services including Secure Cloud Backup with Veeam and Secure Cloud Backup for Microsoft 365, Veeam and iland deliver unified IT protection and recovery for all your VMware-based applications.
DRaaS-tically simple. Unparalleled recovery of your complete IT environment.
The only five-time recipient of
Veeam’s Partner of the Year Award.
Unified management for comprehensive data protection and recovery in the cloud.
Through deep integration with your on-premises Veeam environment, iland Secure DRaaS with Veeam delivers unified management (via iland Secure Cloud Console) with all your Veeam services including Secure Cloud Backup with Veeam, Secure Cloud Backup for Microsoft 365, and Secure Cloud Object Storage.
Veeam: Super simple setup
Deploying iland Secure Disaster Recovery with Veeam could not be easier. And with security and encryption included, you can confidently begin replicating to iland Cloud on your schedule.
- Secure and encrypted connection to the iland Cloud
- No networking configuration required
- Begin replicating in minutes
Disaster Recovery designed for your unique business.
Every business is different. iland Secure DRaaS with Veeam combines industry-leading technology with individual design to meet your specific application and business recovery requirements:
Create DR runbooks within the iland Secure Cloud Console to configure the orchestration of recovery groups and simplify the development, management and execution of your DR plan:
- Automate the entire failover and failback process. Use the iland Secure Cloud Console to build DR plans for any scenario to enable and orchestrate application specific recovery.
- Create multiple DR plans. Leverage iland’s failover wizard to automate the failover and failback process. Automation reduces the errors of manual failback including data loss and data integrity. Alerts and reporting about the failover are available in the iland Secure Cloud Console.
- Test anytime. The iland Secure Cloud Console enables you to test your disaster recovery yourself to ensure your plan works. Failover and back without service disruption – and without fitting an arbitrary schedule. Run a full suite of DR testing by selecting a runbook and then invoking the automated test failover. Verify the success of your runbook before there is a disaster.
Virtual Protection Groups
Protect virtual machines (VMs) and leverage failover plans to ensure VM groupings, boot order, and boot delay.
- Define your own RPOs for your VMs. You can schedule replication for individual VMs or groups to optimize RPO and reduce impact on performance or resource usage of the primary system.
- You can perform partial failovers and leverage Network Extension Appliances (NEA) to automate connectivity between local and cloud resources.
- VSS awareness. For certain applications such as SQL and Exchange.
Performance, efficiency, and individual design.
iland Secure DRaaS utilizes efficient technologies to ensure failover and failback meet your business and application-specific requirements.
- Fastest replication. Integrated network compression enables both closer Recovery Points and reduced WAN bandwidth requirements.
- Existing network compatibility. iland Secure DRaaS can be configured with recovery networks that match your internal private network range(s), yielding a more aggressive RTO with no reconfiguration of VMs.
- DNS failover. Disaster recovery management is simplified with the integration of DNS management into the cloud console. DNS management can be performed from the same location in which you manage cloud resources and disaster recovery. Easily manage your public IP blocks, DNS zones, records, and make updates to all your DNS records in the event of a failover through an easy-to-use search and edit tool within the console.
- Storage options. iland supports replication of VMware virtual machines and is storage-agnostic with two tiers of encrypted storage to ensure all key workloads are protected.
- SSAE 16/ISO 27001 certified Tier III data centers around the globe. In addition to global data centers, iland also maintains connections to more than 500 IP providers to ensure your data is secure, fixed within your chosen country, and fails over rapidly.
Adopt the cloud without disrupting your existing network investment.
One of the challenges of moving to the cloud, or adopting a multi-cloud strategy, is the need for end user access during a failover event. The ability to communicate with other networks or applications can be critical for success.
To ensure consistent communication between workloads, iland offers unparalled network flexibility to maintain and preserve your existing network policies and investments to ensure your workloads can communicate.
This also allows you to proceed with your existing corporate network strategy without disruption.
iland’s network flexibility gives you control of your existing and future application environments via:
- Familiar and integrated VMware-based network services for security segmentation and access via IPsec/SSL VPN managed through the iland Secure Cloud Console.
- “Bring your own” options including physical/virtual network appliances, flexible carrier and circuit options (MPLS/VPLS, direct circuit) for global connectivity
- VMware NSX, Megaport/SD-WAN and our high throughput circuits for performance and integration purposes.
iland offers all-inclusive pricing for our DRaaS with Veeam. Pricing includes:
- Veeam license.
- The cost of your reserved storage, in any of our 2 tiers of storage with bandwidth included.
- Select flexible storage and compute, get a complete solution.
Fully Managed Disaster Recovery (Autopilot Managed Recovery)
Disaster Recovery designed for your unique business.
iland Autopilot Managed Recovery is our fully-managed DRaaS providing complete end to end design, implementation, and management of the DR environment.
With Autopilot, you get:
- Full management services, including support over key service elements such as testing, live failovers, resource provisioning, and change management.
- Collaborative planning sessions to develop your customized recovery runbooks and failover processes.
- Hands-on assistance and support during the customer life-cycle.
- Advanced documentation & reporting over service metrics, service levels and service health.
DRaaS Deployment Service
land DRaaS Deployment Service is an optional service to assist customers in planning, designing, and deploying their DR service. To support your successful DRaaS deployment, this service provides:
- Expert guidance and direction on the right architecture & integration options
- Strong technical foundation through detailed design guidance & operational planning
- Process and testing procedures to ensure optimal accuracy in service delivery and SLAs
Ensuring your Disaster Recovery solution is ready when you need it.
Failures and outages are more common than people realize. Based on a recent survey, 75% of organizations experiencing failure at some point.
To ensure your DR solution is ready when you need it, iland provides simplified, self-service testing via the iland Secure Cloud Console. With this capability, you can quickly and easily test individual application failover, multiple application failover, or complete site failover on your own schedule.
The results provided through the console can help you reconcile any resource shortages and ensure your RTO/RPO meets expectations.
For those organizations that need fully-managed failover and testing, please see our Autopilot Managed Recovery services.
All iland Secure DRaaS solutions include:
“It took one call and I was able to work with the DRaaS migration team to get us set up while also making adjustments on the fly as needed and we were replicating by week two. iland was able to eliminate additional stress by removing the worry about data center conditions, additional costs and compliance requirements.”
–Benchmade Knife’s IT Infrastructure Manager
iland Secure DRaaS with Veeam:
Available in all geographies that iland operates.
Designed to meet your unique business requirements, globally.
iland cloud regions were designed to meet the highest standards for security, compliance and performance possible today. With global availability, consistent infrastructure design, and unparalleled scale and flexibility, our cloud regions will be ready for your changing business.
What is the difference between Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) and Backup as a Service (BaaS)?
BaaS and DRaaS work together as part of an overall data protection and recovery strategy for IT. With BaaS, customers copy production data at regular, planned intervals to the cloud for long-term retention. If the data is lost, stolen, or accidentally deleted, the copied data from the BaaS environment is copied back to the production environment.
DRaaS solutions are distinct from BaaS and offer an important advantage. With DRaaS, all critical components are replicated to the cloud for short-term retention. This includes the application(s), data, and networking. In the event the production data AND physical infrastructure is compromised (i.e. through flooding, fire, cybercrime, etc), the DRaaS environment provides a complete secondary environment to run production applications. Together, BaaS and DRaaS provide complete protection against nearly all data and hardware loss scenarios.
Pricing is all-inclusive including your Veeam license, the cost of reserved storage (2 tiers), and bandwidth. Specific pricing depends on your environment and the resources consumed including the amount of storage needed, number of VMs, and RTO and RPO requirements. Our team of in-house experts can quickly determine your resource need using our free tool, iland Catalyst.
I want to take advantage of cloud-based DRaaS, but I am concerned about disrupting the network I already have in place. How will iland work with my existing network environment?
We understand the importance of preserving existing resources and investments when adopting new technologies. For this reason, we offer a number of solutions that enable existing networks, including other cloud provider networks, to communicate with your new iland service. In addition, we have dedicated Network Services available in the case you need assistance beyond standard configurations. Please reach out to us to learn more.
Yes, we support 3rd party virtual appliance integration such as VMware NSX Edge and Cisco ASA.
- iland Zipline: iland Zipline leverages Megaport’s on-demand, software defined, network with on-ramps at over 600 data centers globally. Zipline provides virtual, cross-connect connectivity to enable you to build private, high-performance, highly-reliability connections to your own data centers, as well as other cloud providers. You can also have iland Zipline provisioned between your private data center and iland as part of a hybrid cloud environment, migration project, or disaster recovery project. With Zipline, you can connect all your workloads wherever they are running to ensure common application communication.
- VPN over internet: iland supports common VPN protocols to securely tunnel network traffic between environments – including IPsec VPN, OpenVPN, and Wireguard. IPsec is the most common protocol in use, and can provide an on-demand, secure connection between cloud providers.
- Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN): SD-Wan can be used to help ease the burdens of communication between remote offices, data centers, and cloud environments. You can use SD-WAN to dynamically build secure VPN tunnels between end-points, monitor communication performance, and automatically adjust the traffic flows.
- Direct Connection: Preserve your existing private network investment by extending directly to the iland cloud. All iland data centers are carrier neutral facilities enabling customers to extend out their MPLS/VPLS or direct connect from offices / datacenters for secure and private connectivity. This also allows for significantly lower latency and guaranteed access to their carrier SLAs