Leading international equipment company slashes its IT recovery times from days to minutes with iland’s DRaaS with Veeam
HOUSTON – October 11, 2016 – iland, an award-winning enterprise cloud infrastructure provider, today announced that Oceanscan is leveraging iland’s Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) with Veeam® Software and advanced security to ensure continuous availability and 100 percent SLA conformance to its global customer base. Veeam Software is the innovative provider of solutions that delivers Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™.
Headquartered in Scotland, Oceanscan is an international equipment company providing advanced technology to the oil and gas, defense, petrochemical, renewables and nuclear industries. With customers across the UK, Middle East, Australia, India and Africa, the company has personnel on-call serving multiple time zones 24/7. Oceanscan was utilizing a robust Veeam on-premise IT backup solution, but with the business expanding rapidly and increasing demand for continuous availability, it needed a disaster recovery solution that could ensure near real-time recovery of production systems in the event of a disaster. The ability to match its production network and security was also imperative.
“My focus is on continuous availability with no downtime,” said Sukumar Panchanathan, IT manager for Oceanscan. “Backup is fine, but what if the worst happens? The only way I can ensure business continuity is with a disaster recovery solution. iland DRaaS with Veeam provides assured business continuity along with ease-of-use, security and cost-effectiveness – and the whole process was completely painless and utilized the Veeam software we already had in place.”
The iland Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service with Veeam provides Oceanscan with tangible business benefits that include:
- Proven recovery times in minutes versus days – Leveraging the streamlined testing capabilities of the iland and Veeam solution, Oceanscan confirmed it can quickly recover from an IT incident, achieving recovery time objectives (RTO) of three minutes. This RTO speed far surpassed the recovery windows provided by other DR solutions. Also, with backup alone, it would have taken a minimum of three to four days to get all systems up and running.
- Cost transparency with simple, straightforward pricing – As a business focused on cost in an increasingly competitive market, Oceanscan needed DR pricing that would be simple and straightforward. Having received a number of quotes that contained hidden costs and charges for a multitude of items, Oceanscan was pleased to find that iland’s model was simple with no setup fees, no per-server fees, no support fees and no bandwidth costs. “The iland pricing structure makes DR very cost-effective. I only pay per GB plus burst CPU and RAM when required. The simple billing makes my job so much easier,” said Panchanathan.
- Advanced cloud security and 100 percent SLAs – Oceanscan puts great importance on IT security and meeting SLAs. The 100 percent SLA offered by iland was unmatched by any other vendors that Oceanscan reviewed. The company was also impressed with the multi–layer security that iland delivers across the cloud platform— from SSO to encryption, managed gateways to vulnerability scanning, and more. This mimics the security that Oceanscan deploys in its on premise infrastructure and ensures that cloud security risks are mitigated.
- A long term partnership – Oceanscan is keen to engage in long-term partnerships and found that contact with iland has run incredibly smoothly, right from the first conversation via the Web through to solution design and implementation of the project.
For more information on iland’s enterprise cloud and disaster recovery services, go to:
- iland Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service
- Complete Oceanscan Case Study
- Gartner’s 2016 Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service
With data centers in the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, iland delivers the only enterprise cloud solutions in the market today with true innovation, transparency, intelligent management and advanced security built in. From scaling production workloads, to supporting testing and development, to disaster recovery, iland’s secure cloud and decades of experience translate into unmatched service. iland has been recognized as Veeam’s Service Provider of the Year, North America and Zerto’s Cloud Service Provider Partner of the Year, as well as VMware’s Service Provider Partner of the Year, Global and Americas. iland is also part of the Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider Program for IaaS and DRaaS and partners with other industry leaders including Trend Micro, Hytrust and Nimble Storage. Visit iland.com.
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
# # #
US Media Contact:
+1 832 369 9589
UK Media Contact:
C8 Consulting for iland
+44 1189 497736/+44 7894 339645