In less than eight hours, Graubard Miller migrated to iland DRaaS to protect its physical and virtual infrastructure and reduce time-to-recovery by 92 percent
HOUSTON–August 24, 2016–iland, an award-winning cloud hosting provider, today announced that New York law firm Graubard Miller overhauled its business continuity strategy to ensure uptime for its staff and clients using iland’s Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS).
Headquartered in the Chrysler Building in New York, Graubard Miller was founded in 1948 and its primary practice areas include corporate and securities law, litigation, real estate, trusts and estates, employment, intellectual property and taxation. The transactional nature of legal services means that IT availability is critical, and the IT team must protect business against threats like power outages and malicious attacks.
“If my users aren’t connected, they’re not serving clients, so availability and redundancy are my top priorities,” said Steven Heller, director of technology for Graubard Miller. “The maintenance of our legacy co-lo disaster recovery solution was overwhelming with many manual steps required to do a refresh and, with no cost-effective way to do disaster recovery testing, reliability was always a question mark. As we evaluated iland’s DRaaS offering, it was clear they could deliver everything on my wish list—the ease of use and testing, the attractive pricing, the reliability and visibility.”
“Graubard Miller’s transition to cloud-based disaster recovery reflects the overall market need for reliable, secure and cost-efficient IT resilience—particularly in the face of growing business threats,” said Lilac Schoenbeck, VP of marketing at iland. “The idea that IT teams are expected to do more with less is anything but new, and we’re committed to offloading business continuity pressures with our proven service and expert support.”
Gartner Inc. recently named iland a Leader in the 2016 “Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service” for its ability to execute and completeness of vision. According to the report, “Gartner estimates the DRaaS market will nearly triple in the next three years to a revenue point of $3.4 billion by 2019.”
Leveraging iland DRaaS with Zerto and Double-Take technology, Graubard Miller has been able to:
- Protect its complex IT infrastructure: Graubard Miller leverages a host of virtual machines as well as physical servers that run its legacy document management system. The iland hybrid solution with Zerto and Double-Take seamlessly protects both physical and virtual machines, enabling the team to reduce its recovery time objective from 24 hours to two hours.
- Rapidly migrate DR platforms: With iland’s support and engineering team guiding the process, the DRaaS solution was configured and up and running in under eight hours.
- Test and prove reliability of DR plan: Graubard Miller leverages iland’s on-demand testing functionality to ensure everything will run smoothly should they need to fail over. “The response times are amazing – I don’t have to jump through hoops to do a test failover and I have 110 percent confidence that if needed, it will work,” said Heller. “The solution is effective, efficient and easy.”
- Simplify management: Using iland’s cloud management console, Graubard Miller can execute failovers as well as view and manage its disaster recovery resources, security and cost information within a single interface. “I can see everything I need, manage the testing process, monitor replication and quickly spot any errors – the visibility is invaluable,” said Heller.
- Dramatically reduce costs: Graubard Miller only pays for compute resources when it requires a failover. “iland’s pricing structure is great and the cost is a bargain. My ongoing costs are minimal and it’s even cost-effective to run it live,” said Heller.
- Satisfy security and compliance requirements: In the event of a failover, the security native to iland’s DRaaS offering protects Graubard Miller’s workloads against IT threats. Features include role-based access control, two-factor authentication, available VM encryption, vulnerability scanning and SSL-VPN. Turnkey security and compliance reports greatly simplify auditing processes.
iland DRaaS technology is backed by its expert support team that helps assess, plan, test and execute DR plans. “Everyone I deal with – from sales to support to the engineering team – is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and communicative,” said Heller. “I feel like a valued customer.”
For more information on iland’s enterprise cloud and disaster recovery services, go to:
- iland Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service
- Gartner’s 2016 Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service
With data centers in the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, iland delivers the only enterprise cloud solutions in the market today with true innovation, transparency, intelligent management and advanced security built in. From scaling production workloads, to supporting testing and development, to disaster recovery, iland’s secure cloud and decades of experience translate into unmatched service. iland has been recognized as Veeam’s Service Provider of the Year and Zerto’s Cloud Service Provider Partner of the Year, as well as VMware’s Service Provider Partner of the Year, Global and Americas. iland is also part of the Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider Program for IaaS and DRaaS and partners with other industry leaders including Trend Micro, Hytrust and Nimble Storage. Visit iland.com.
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Source: Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service” by John Morency, Christine Tenneson, Ron Blair, June 16, 2016.
# # #
US Media Contact:
UK Media Contact:
C8 Consulting for iland
+44 (0) 1189 497736