The complementary cloud assessment tool enables iland customers to predict requirements for workloads, applications and production sites
Houston – Aug. 27, 2019 – iland, an industry-leading provider of secure application and data protection cloud services built on proven VMware technology, today announced new upgrades to iland Catalyst, a complementary cloud assessment tool that simplifies the journey to the cloud.
The new Catalyst features make it easier for organizations using VMware to model and right size cloud requirements for cloud backup, disaster recovery or migration without costly over-provisioning or detrimentally under-provisioning.
As more organizations migrate from traditional data centers to cloud-based infrastructures, they must optimize costs by accurately predicting the right amount of cloud resources needed based on the size and frequency at which an application is used. They must also determine if workloads are compatible with cloud services. These factors are often miscalculated throughout the cloud journey, resulting in resources often being over or under provisioned.
iland Catalyst ensures a proper fit at the time of purchase and throughout the lifecycle of a customer’s use of iland cloud services based on individual workloads, application groups and entire production sites with pricing that is flexible and predictable. With Catalyst, iland customers can:
- match cloud resources with application requirements
- ensure workloads are compatible with iland cloud services
- determine the bandwidth needed to optimize application performance
- estimate service costs per month and ad hoc periods
- provide network analysis to ensure the feasibility of backup, disaster recovery and migration use cases while providing initial seed and ongoing data transfer times.
“Whether it’s your first time moving to the cloud or if you’re adding more workloads and applications, the last thing you want to do is worry about guessing if your environment is capable of leveraging the cloud and the cost to get there,” said iland Senior Vice President Dante Orsini. “iland Catalyst removes that stress for customers around the world and helps our partner community right-size the cloud for their customers. And the new features we’re announcing today make Catalyst even more precise and easier to use.”
A single universal tool
Most cloud assessment tools are limited to covering specific aspects of an IT environment, requiring organizations to employ several tools to analyze compute, storage and network usage. iland Catalyst analyzes multiple requirements and platform attributes while pre-checking and validating systems to predict cloud requirements and ensure compatibility.
New features of the iland Catalyst cloud assessment tool include:
- The ability to calculate annual long-term retention objectives on cloud-based backup scenarios
- Mac OS support to provide Catalyst capabilities for both Windows and Mac environments
- A Veeam Cloud Connect Replication storage calculator to predict storage needs on Veeam-based disaster recovery environments
- Veeam Scale Out Backup Repository (SOBR) object storage calculator to size cloud archives
- Speed-test and bandwidth assessment capabilities for iland’s datacenter in Melbourne, Australia in addition to its eight other global datacenters in Sydney, Los Angeles, Dallas, Washington, D.C. London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Singapore.
“When working with new customers and prospects, intelligence and insights are the top competitive differentiators,” said Chris McDuffie, Vice President of Cloud Architecture for Structured, a solution provider of secure, cloud-connected digital infrastructure in Clackamas, Ore. “iland Catalyst gives us the ability to know exactly what resources our customers need to make their move to the cloud a success. With Catalyst we have the ability to get it right the first time around without over or under provisioning.”
iland is a global cloud service provider of secure and compliant hosting for infrastructure (IaaS), disaster recovery (DRaaS), and backup as a service (BaaS). They are recognized by industry analysts as a leader in disaster recovery. The award-winning iland Secure Cloud Console natively combines deep layered security, predictive analytics, and compliance to deliver unmatched visibility and ease of management for all of iland’s cloud services. Headquartered in Houston, Texas and London, UK, iland delivers cloud services from its data centers throughout North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Learn more at iland.com.