False start with one DRaaS vendor drove Muhlenkamp to seek the transparency, reliability and ease-of-use of iland’s service
HOUSTON–September 14, 2016–iland, an award-winning cloud hosting provider, today announced that Muhlenkamp & Company leverages iland’s Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) to achieve compliance and ensure business continuity.
A family owned and operated business, Muhlenkamp specializes in personalized investment management, delivering expert investment advice and services to clients across the United States. The resilience of its IT infrastructure is critical, both to ensuring optimal client services and achieving industry compliance. After an unsuccessful implementation with another disaster recovery vendor, Muhlenkamp turned to iland’s DRaaS with Zerto to secure the reliability, visibility, ease of testing and cost efficiency needed to overcome its business continuity and compliance challenges.
“While Disaster Recovery is one of my IT priorities, I don’t have the time to constantly monitor and manage a DR solution,” said Rich Dean, operations and IT manager at Muhlenkamp. “The iland DR solution provides the ease of testing, visibility and cost effectiveness that we need. The biggest thing, though, is that I don’t have to worry about it – I know that iland DRaaS is working in the background, protecting our business.”
Gartner Inc. recently named iland a Leader in the 2016 “Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service” for its ability to execute and completeness of vision. According to the report, “In recent years, IT disaster recovery as a whole and DRaaS specifically have gained momentum for small and midsize organizations due to improved affordability and functionality. Gartner estimates the DRaaS market will nearly triple in the next three years to a revenue point of $3.4 billion by 2019.”
Leveraging iland DRaaS with Zerto, Muhlenkamp has been able to:
• Easily test and prove industry compliance: As a Financial Services company subject to industry and government regulations, Muhlenkamp must be able to show auditors it has a reliable disaster recovery solution in place. iland DRaaS greatly simplifies this process, enabling the Muhlenkamp team to successfully perform on-demand, non-intrusive disaster recovery testing and reporting via the iland management console. The capabilities eliminate the trouble-shooting and manual processes that were required with Muhlenkamp’s previous DR vendor.
• Reduce Recovery Point Objectives from hours to seconds: Muhlenkamp now achieves Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) of less than a minute – a drastic improvement over the previous best case scenario of six hours.
• Rapidly implement a DR solution: The Muhlenkamp team found the installation and setup to be simple and fast. The fully functioning replication system was ready and operational less than an hour after initial implementation.
• Satisfy security requirements: In the event of a failover, the security native to iland’s DRaaS offering helps to protect Muhlenkamp against IT threats. Features include role-based access control, two-factor authentication, available VM encryption, vulnerability scanning and SSL-VPN.
• Meet budget requirements: Muhlenkamp minimizes costs with iland’s simple, flexible pricing model. The company only pays for compute resources when it requires a failover.
With data centers in the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, iland delivers the only enterprise cloud solutions in the market today with true innovation, transparency, intelligent management and advanced security built in. From scaling production workloads, to supporting testing and development, to disaster recovery, iland’s secure cloud and decades of experience translate into unmatched service. iland has been recognized as Veeam’s Service Provider of the Year and Zerto’s Cloud Service Provider Partner of the Year, as well as VMware’s Service Provider Partner of the Year, Global and Americas. iland is also part of the Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider Program for IaaS and DRaaS and partners with other industry leaders including Trend Micro, Hytrust and Nimble Storage. Visit iland.com.
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Source: Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service” by John Morency, Christine Tenneson, Ron Blair, June 16, 2016.
# # #
US Media Contact:
UK Media Contact:
C8 Consulting for iland
+44 (0) 1189 497736