The technology term “the cloud” can refer to many different things, but in the context of data backup, it is especially significant. Cloud backup technology has come a long way and is safe and scalable while being extremely cost-efficient. Let’s just review some of the benefits of cloud backup technology.
The Top Benefits of Cloud Backup for Business
The main purpose of backing up your data is, of course, the ability to roll back and access your archives in the event of any type of disaster. In today’s business environment, you need the confidence of knowing that in the case of a catastrophe, your data will be secure and always available.
The cloud has other advantages as well. In the event that you need to restore your data, you should be able to do so quickly and efficiently – as compared to digitally reconstructing damaged drives. Simply managing your data in the cloud should be as simple, mindless and seamless as managing files on any computer.
The cloud is also remarkably affordable allowing you to focus on your business. It has the advantage of no maintenance required for a physical location. In addition, an IT administrator can keep you connected and can manage your data remotely without too much trouble.
Six Key Benefits of Cloud Backup
Moving your backups to the cloud can provide numerous benefits, including:
- 1. Zero Infrastructure Investment – With cloud-based data backups, your existing network is all you need in terms of hardware. Your backup and recovery are readily available at your fingertips.
- 2. Set It and Forget It – Once your data is backed up in the cloud, you can determine the settings you want for automated backup times and no longer have to worry about your data being synced.
- 3. Quick Recovery – Compared to antiquated solutions like tape backup, the cloud offers extremely fast recovery time in the event that it is necessary.
- 4. No More IT Headaches – Relying on the cloud also allows your IT department to focus on doing IT development and other tasks for the ongoing maintenance and business growth of your company.
- 5.Tape Backup replacement – Backing up data on tape involves some serious pitfalls that cloud backup avoids. Tape backup can be excessively expensive, easily lost or damaged and more accessible for some types of theft. In addition, think about how much wasted time is spent recovering your data.
- 6. Tiered Cost-Value Alignment – How about all that data that you haven’t even looked at in years, but need for compliance reasons or just because you want to keep it? Your data loses value over time. Backup lifecycle management capabilities in the cloud allow you to align your data accessibility needs leading to more effective data cost management.
Let’s move to the right cloud
With so many advantages associated with cloud backup, it’s hard to believe that there are still companies relying on antiquated, inferior backup options – or worse, no solution for data backup at all. iland can help you with all of your cloud backup needs.
iland Secure Cloud Backup™ with Veeam Cloud Connect offers a simple and cost-effective cloud solution for your offsite backup and archiving needs. iland provides direct integration and 100 percent compatibility with Veeam’s industry-leading backup and replication software.
If you’d like to learn more about how cloud solutions can benefit your organization specifically, reach out to one of our many iland secure cloud experts.
Be sure to check back as we highlight the iland Secure Cloud Backup™ features with the new Veeam Availability Suite v10…launching soon!